View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Configuration-Initial Setup - ProjeQtOr

Configuration-Initial Setup

More
05 Jan 2016 18:46 #1 by KSim
Hello all, I just projeqtor and am excited to try it out and see if it will work for our organization but..... I need some help from those in the know to get it setup! I thought I could do it but, this is just a bit beyond me :whistle: .

So I copied the projeqtor folder onto our web server using FileZilla (love it!) and entered the web address and was very excited to see the configuration page pop up LOL .... that's where my excitement ended! I see all these things that I have NO IDEA about so...... I basically left most of the defaults hoping it would suffice but it did not :( .

Here's what I see now, a lot of OKs :woohoo: BUT ... a few that are not OK :oops: and I don't know what to do. Some mention the php.ini file but I cannot find that file anywhere.
PHP version is 5.2.17 : OK
Module PDO is available : OK
Module PDO for 'MYSQL' is available : OK
Module MYSQL is available : OK
Module MYSQLi is available : OK
Module MBSTRING is available : OK
GD Library is available and correctly installed : OK
Module IMAP is available : OK
Module OPENSSL is available : OK
Module XML is available : OK
max_input_vars is not defined. Default value (1000) is too small - value should be at least 2000, 4000 recommended - check your php configuration (php.ini)
max_execution_time=30 : OK
memory_limit=32M (32.M) is too small - value should be at least 128M, 512M is advised - check your php configuration (php.ini)
file_uploads=1 : OK
session.auto_start is disabled : OK
magic_quotes_gpc must be disabled (set to false). Update your Php.ini file.)
register_globals is disabled : OK
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)
dsn = mysql:host=127.0.0.1;port=3306

Any help to get this setup properly would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2016 19:09 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Configuration-Initial Setup
So, your PHP config is correct (some little warning, but nothing blocking).
Now, isue is that you cannot connect to MySql server.
Check that MySql is correctly running on localhost (127.0.0.1) and accepts connections.
Also check user and password (depending on your xAMP stack, you may try with a blank passwork)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
05 Jan 2016 19:31 #3 by KSim
Replied by KSim on topic Configuration-Initial Setup
Thanks for your response but this is where it gets over my head! I have ZERO experience with MySql so I have no idea how to check anything. What I do know is that our web host supports MySql but, other than that, I have no idea..... do I have to set something up on the host site? Do I have to talk to them? Should that fact that they support it be sufficient? I just don't know.

And, check user and password where? What is xAmp stack?

Sorry, I'm clueless here :blush: Thanks for your helpl

More
05 Jan 2016 19:34 #4 by babynus
You have to contact your host provider to retreive connection information to the database :
- host
- port (defautl is 3306, but it may change)
- db user name
- db user password
- possible database name (if you're not allowed to create new one with given user)

Babynus

More
05 Jan 2016 19:40 #5 by KSim
Replied by KSim on topic Configuration-Initial Setup
Ok, I logged on to the host site and there are no Sql databases setup so, are you saying I need to create one to use projeqtor? As I said, I have zero experience with MySql and really don't know where to begin. :blink:

More
05 Jan 2016 19:43 #6 by babynus
How did you see there is no MySql database ?
Do you know how to connect ot MySql database ?
If you don't have basic login inforation (as described on previous post), please ask you hosting provider.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.