View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - API user required privileges to manage PlanningElement - ProjeQtOr

API user required privileges to manage PlanningElement

More
18 Nov 2018 09:49 - 18 Nov 2018 10:14 #1 by phvincent
Hello
After nearly 2 years of Projeqtor use to manage 100+ projects, I'm using API to manage them in an industrial manner (including activities / milestones / meeting).
I can add / modify any kind of object but facing an issue with PlanningElement : when I want to update for example the 'validatedWork' of an activity, it is never taken into account.
API call is : (PUT) http://myserver/projeqtor/api/Activity with json data {'id':100, 'validatedWork'=20}
API returns : NO_CHANGE

The only way to make it work is to use an API user account with Administrator profile... which is NOT what I want in production environment for obvious security reasons.
I looked for every profile / access rights in projeqtor, playing with many combinations for my API user but no solution found.
I don't have enough time to dig into the persistence & security models of Projeqtor, could you give me feedback about that issue?

Regards

PS : using ProjeQtOr v6.2.4
Last edit: 18 Nov 2018 10:14 by phvincent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2018 10:42 #2 by babynus

PS : using ProjeQtOr v6.2.4

Possibly migrating to latest stable would help.

Note that there may be some restrictions to enter validated values (defines on specific access rights) so check that used profile has rights to update validated data.
Also, valaidate work can be consolidated from sub-tasks, so change through API won't have any effect. Check consolidation rule in global parameters.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
21 Nov 2018 18:18 #3 by phvincent
Hello and thank you for your reply

I'm planning to upgrade from 6.x to 7.x but not so easy due to my organization and operational constraints...
However, I finally found the missing authorization for my API user: going to Specific Access > Visibility of workload and costs = All visible solved it.

You're right, I'm using API to change validatedWork on elementary (sub)tasks only, with automatic consolidation, so I have no issue with parent tasks

Cheers

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.