View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Computing work and expense : exclude closed project - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Computing work and expense : exclude closed project

More
10 Mar 2020 10:08 #1 by jmmbb
Hello,

when project had sub-project validated work and expenses are computed from all sub-projet to parent project.
That's fine but, when sub-projet is closed, work and expenses remain in computation.

In my case (am i alone ?), parent project is also used for grouping projects by organization (we manage lots of projects and it is usefull for organization's manager to see the progress of there "plan de charge".
But, with the past of time, some project are finished and closed (fortunately !) but they remains in computation and validated work still growing for parent project and lost sense (ie : validated work for 3 years has no more sense, when validated work of the first year as one).

So, is it possible to exclude closed project from computation of work and expenses, so, only "alive" project are computed ?

Expect to be clear.

Regards,
The topic has been locked.
More
10 Mar 2020 14:26 #2 by babynus
I understand what you expect.

Projeqtor will alwways sum-up all projets data to parent.
This also work for activities, that are summed-up to parent activities and up to project level, even if activities are closed.

The only case when a project is not summed up to parent is when it is "cancelled".
So possibly you can create new status for projects "cloded - not to sum-up" that will check the "cancel" macro-status.

Other solution, it to use the "organisation budget feature" that will sum-up projects by year, depending on validated start date.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.