View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Show resource orkload during assignation - ProjeQtOr

Show resource orkload during assignation

More
31 Jan 2012 21:34 #1 by ThierrC49
Hello,

When I whant to assign a task to resource I need to check his availlability (in term of load) but to to that I need to go to report and see planned load per resource and come back to assignation, is not easy.

A good improvement could be showing the avaibility of resources for the planned periode during affectation process, this could be an average of load for this perriode.

I'm not sure I'm clear :/

BR
Thierry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2012 21:55 #2 by babynus
Hi,
Good idea.
Request is registered as ticket #545.

Just to be clear, what do you exped as "the planned period" ?

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
02 Feb 2012 22:05 #3 by ThierrC49
Hello Babynus,

By planned periode I expect that an activity in plan for a periode (start date and end date) then the resource availlability must be calculated for this periode, it could be an average of availability eg :

Activity1 W4 to W7 effort = 40h (W4 = 10, W5 = 10, W6 = 10 and W7 = 10)
Activity2 W6 to W8 effort = 40h
Resource1 already affected to Activity 1 (capacity = 0.9)

During the affectation process the Resource1 will display is availlablility at this calculated value :

Sum [activity afected to resource1 in Weeks of Activity2] 10 + 10 + 0
Capacity *
= 0.9*
= 15%
Sum [Availlable hours per week for Resource1 in weeks of activity2] 40 + 40 + 40

then the Resource1 is loaded at 15%, then the Activity2 could pass (CQFD :))

I think this calculation is not easy because you could take account the availlability for each week including holiday calandar. Instead of display the load in % you could show the number of availlable hours (85%*3*40*0.9) = 91.8h open hours for activity2.

Have fun to implement this :P

BR
Thierry,

More
03 Feb 2012 14:43 #4 by babynus
Wahooo !

Sure I will notimplement this on next version. :|
Possibly not even on the version after :(
No sure I will ever impleent this :P

Workaround : go to the reports / check availability, print this report, then have fun with affectations !

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
03 Feb 2012 22:11 #5 by ThierrC49
bouuuu :(

I imagine the work to do this and understand why you don't whant to implement this, but it could be nice feature that I never seen before in planning tool.

Today I'm using a excel sheet with this feature but without import function with MSProject :( then I need to synchronise manualy both file (is not easy for 40 projects in parrallele with 12 projects managers).

Please keep in your mind this feature, perhapse during summer hollyday you will find time and motivation to implement this :P.

Any way many thanks for this good tool, I never seen other with this maturity and easy configurable :D.

Thierry,

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.