View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Request: Actions (risk mitigations) should be listed with activities - ProjeQtOr

Request: Actions (risk mitigations) should be listed with activities

More
19 Nov 2010 14:35 #1 by climb4fun
Every actions / mitigation task will normally allocate ressouces and have to be tracked in daily business.
Some times they have to be linked to other activites or even milestones.

To have a full picture of what is going on, it would be usefull, to have them in activity list as well in GANT chart. In handling they should be treated as normal activities. To flag them, I would suggest, to name activity typ to "mitgation" or "action".

Klaus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2010 17:00 #2 by babynus
Yes ... and no.

Difference between action and activity, is that action is not realy planned, you just have a due date.
In fact, most of the time, mitigation actions are not realized by project team.
Actions are just followed-up by project leader.

If an action is planned, with assigned work, then it is an activity.
Solutions are :
- you manually copy your action as an activity => only possible solution today
- add possibiity to copy actions as activities (with link) => evolution to be studied
- add possibility to link an activity to a risk or an issue => evolution to be studied

Regards.
Babynus

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
24 Nov 2010 12:21 #3 by climb4fun
Oh, I unterstand. Different approach to my risk management.
If I only oberserve a risk, there is no action planned. We forthnightly check all risks if there is any change. Result of review will be stated in notes or may be in results.
If a mitigation action has to be done, we will open activity. I would disable entry for actions for my team.

Concerning possible solution:
I would prefere to have an activity linked to a risk or an issue. Especially on issues, an activity seems to be the right item.

More
24 Nov 2010 12:34 #4 by babynus
Yes,
maybe Activities and Tickets should be linked to Risks and issues.
I study this evolution.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.