View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Request: Requestor name in Tickets and Activites - ProjeQtOr

Request: Requestor name in Tickets and Activites

More
12 Jan 2011 11:23 #1 by climb4fun
Request: A field "Requestor [name]" in Tickets and Activites would be helpful

Case: We have in our projects a lot of different requestors. For different purposes we have to know on each request / defect who is requestor. E. g. we would like to select all request from on requestor or to reply to requestor once request is to be signed of or is delivered. Our requester never enter requests in the sense of a issuer; at the same time we always have to know who was the issuer. Hence we can't use issuer.

Solution proposal:
- Add a field "Requestor [name]" in Ticket and Activity. Values should (could) be derived from Contact to have a normed entry.
- If requestor is not listed in contacts, then a link should be applicabe to enter new contact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2011 15:14 #2 by babynus
Hi,

Requestor is added on Ticket on V1.5.
A requestor must be a contact.
No direct link stills exists to directly create a Requestor "on the fly" but it is planned (for all lists).
It is not a direct input of the name to allow cross references, and additional information to contact requestor : email, phone, ...

Does it make sense to you to add Requestor to Activities ?
For me it does not. A requestor is linked to a ticket. Then a ticket can be linked to an activity (for instance if request leads to an evolution). NB : links from Ticket to Activity is not implemented yet, but it is planned.
Do you agree to this point of wiew ?

Regards.
Babynus.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
13 Jan 2011 15:24 #3 by climb4fun
Hi Babynus,

solution sounds fine for me -- good starting point.

For my process it's fine to have requestor only on Tickets. As I learned from help manual, in other processes might be no ticket for reference. This led me to suggestion, to have this field as well in activity.

Klaus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.