View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - multiple target versions - ProjeQtOr

multiple target versions

More
18 Jun 2012 16:04 #1 by ekolossov
Hi,
Can you please add functionality to have multiple target versions for ticket (or even everywhere)?
Regards,
Evgueni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 18:29 #2 by babynus

Can you please add functionality to have multiple target versions for ticket (or even everywhere)?

What do you mean ?
I don't understand the need.
An item is treated and / or delivered on one only version.
It there should be multiple target versions for an item, then the item should be split.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
19 Jun 2012 08:30 #3 by ekolossov
If you have component then target versions can be multiple because component need to be tested with different versions/products, so we need to have ability to add projects for which this is pertinent

More
19 Jun 2012 10:13 #4 by babynus
I'm not sure it is the good way to manage this.
In fact, when updating some component concerned by several versions, then you have to "merge" changes between branches. My advise is to copy the ticket with new ticket type => Merge (and set origin ticket as Origin).
This way you will really follow up merges, and when they are done, not just what should be done...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
19 Jun 2012 10:29 #5 by ekolossov
This is not merge between branches. Let's say bug found in version 2.5. But after test it been confirmed that version 2.6 have it as well. We have customers on both versions, so it need to be fixed in both versions, sometimes even in 3 versions.

More
21 Jun 2012 03:10 - 21 Jun 2012 03:11 #6 by climb4fun
Hi Ekolossov,

I see your point. From my pov, you might have two Tickets "Fix bug in V2.5" and "Fix bug in V2.6". You could simple open a Ticket for each task.

We have nearly same situation: Different versions on different enviroments in different countries. May be a core module has an bug and has to be deployed, we simplyfied things, we writing a runbook and attach this to the ticket.

But to be honest, I try to harmonize my enviroments and version. This is better solution on the long run.

Klaus
Last edit: 21 Jun 2012 03:11 by climb4fun.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.