View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Translation of the Data - ProjeQtOr

Translation of the Data

More
30 Jul 2013 10:47 #1 by mbellard
The ability to translate the structure of the site is great.

It would be nice to translate that data too. I know that the "input text" are not translatable easily...

Or is it possible to insert a field without "label" for a translation like:
label: native field | field other lang | lang field other other
?

Or is it possible to insert a parent section including existing sections?

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2013 11:17 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Translation of the Data
Some paremters are already translated : Profile, IndicatorDefinition, Periodicity, Privacy, Report, ReportCategory, ...
It is easy to extend : just add
public $_isNameTranslatable = true;
in the class definition.
You could extend this functionality but will have translate all values in the translation file. :blink:

The automatic translation of fields is largely out of scope. Project'Or RIA is not Google :silly:
The idea to multiplicate the fields to have translation is also out of scope : the multilanguage concerns only the GUI, not the Data.
The scope is to be able to provide a tool as wide as possible, so that teams from various conties can use it. It is not devoted to provide translation to teams working together in different languages : all majors companies with such problems have solved it for long : just fix one work language for the whole company :whistle:

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Jul 2013 09:03 #3 by LEVA
Replied by LEVA on topic Translation of the Data
By the way, do you think a multilingual manual is possible ?

I saw that the slides are up to 16MB, perhaps it could be a problem with 4-5 more language...

(Another btw, there is a typo slide 181, "Fro instance")

Nice day to you

More
31 Jul 2013 13:54 #4 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Translation of the Data

By the way, do you think a multilingual manual is possible ?

Everything is possible. All depends on the effort you want to spend on it.
On my side, it is yet a very hard work and time consuming activity to maintain user manual in only one language. I will not focus on translating it ... and I would be able to translate only to french, as I don't know a word of german, spanish, portugese, russian and chinese :sick:

I saw that the slides are up to 16MB, perhaps it could be a problem with 4-5 more language...

It is not the most blocking point, as space is required for pictures (that would not be translated), and text represent only a small part of the total size.

(Another btw, there is a typo slide 181, "Fro instance")

Fixed.
thanks.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Jul 2013 16:10 #5 by climb4fun
Replied by climb4fun on topic Translation of the Data
I see quite a good chance to deliver german translation of manual, once I'm retired. Unfortunately this will not be in the near future. B)

Klaus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.