Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Becoming Agile - ProjeQtOr

Becoming Agile

More
23 Oct 2013 18:16 #1 by caccia
Becoming Agile was created by caccia
Hi,

I would like to extend the use of Project'OR within my organization to projects which are using the AGILE methodology.
In order to do this, I believe only some small evolutions would be necessary, and I'm sure this would allow even more people to use Project'OR!

Mainly it concerns requirements, which are the central focal point in Agile sprints.
Currently, tickets allow me to estimate the work necessary and then log the real work performed, however this feature is not available for requirements: I can enter the estimated work, but not real work.

Would it be possible to extend the "requirement" object to include also:
- link to a planning activity
- real work and left work on the requirement

If this is done, then I should be able to check how much real/left work I have on a set of requirements, and I can see if the work I have planned on my "sprint" activity will allow me to complete all the requirements which are left for this sprint.

And of course, I will still have the very nice feature of linking requirements to test cases, and see how tests are progressing...

Thanks, and let me know if you have any feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2013 14:29 #2 by ekolossov
Replied by ekolossov on topic Becoming Agile
Real work and left work is in Activities/tasks. You should use tasks for Agile as well.
Link requirements to tasks and it will do the job because you will have linked the work and tests via requirements - all traceability will be in place

More
24 Oct 2013 18:03 - 24 Oct 2013 18:03 #3 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Becoming Agile
Hi,

I share Evgueni's opinion : work is on activities ...
Then requirements are linked to activities.

An activity can be a Scrum Sprint ...

What could ease real work input is to have work input like in Tickets.
Ticket #1209 recorded to think about it.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 24 Oct 2013 18:03 by babynus.

More
25 Oct 2013 10:50 #4 by caccia
Replied by caccia on topic Becoming Agile
Hi all,

Indeed I think an Activity can be used for a Scrum sprint.
What I'm missing is:

1) link a requirement to this Activity: is it possible to do a "link to planning activity", like we have for Tickets ?
I do see the possibility of adding an activity as "linked element", but this link is not quite as rich...

2) as you say, real work input ,like we have for tickets. If we have a "strong" link to an activity, then we keep the idea that work is in Activities, but the input is more detailed because it is done on a per requirement basis.

Basically, this is the way of working that our Agile projects use, currently with standard commercial tools. I would like to have them switch to Project'OR, but in order to make it transparent to our clients, we need to show that we can still deliver the same level of information (for example, a global view of real/left work on the Activity/sprint, and also details of real work per requirement).

Evgueni,
do you work in Agile methodology with your projects ? I'd be interested to know how you've organised things... :)

Thanks for the inputs!

More
25 Oct 2013 11:22 #5 by ekolossov
Replied by ekolossov on topic Becoming Agile
1. There is 'Linked Elements' - use it to link requirement to Activity
2. Requirements is not a scheduled work - they are requirements for the work! So, you need just to have workflow set the way you can control and VERIFY them through the testing when the work is completed. Tasks (Activities) are the implementation of requirements, so you need to monitor progress with implementation not with requirements!

Yes, we are using Agile methodology and i cannot see any problems so far - the progress you can easy show in planning. We even creating Tasks (Activities) with the requirement Id as the name sometimes, so you can use this approach to show progress in requirements implementation
The following user(s) said Thank You: caccia

More
29 Oct 2013 15:45 #6 by caccia
Replied by caccia on topic Becoming Agile
Ok, thanks - it's good to know that you are able to use it in such an environment.

I will dig into this some more - and maybe come back with more questions later on !!

Thanks again :)

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.