View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Best procedure to update with new release - ProjeQtOr

Best procedure to update with new release

More
04 Jan 2012 22:50 - 04 Jan 2012 22:50 #1 by Liolic
Hi,

Sorry for an obvious question.
As I made a lot of changes in PHP files and language file, which is the best procedure to update to the last release of Project'Or RIA without deletting all the work.
Is it possible to have a list of the files that have been changed in new update?
Or is it an obligation to upload all the files of the new version?

Thanks for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 13:13 #2 by babynus
Hi,

Is it possible to have a list of the files that have been changed in new update?

Yes : check the svn repository available at sourceforge.

Or is it an obligation to upload all the files of the new version?

Yes, it is, to be sure to get coherent updates.

By the way, you'll have to re-copy your updates into new files.

HINTS :
To avoid this constraint for objects (php classes), you can :
- create a new class extending the original object
- update the "menu" table to access your own classes
Then new deployments will overwrite original classes and not your own.

If you insert new common functionalities (for instance in projector.php), don't update existing files : create new files and just insert the include in the existing files : you'll just have to re-copy these includes on new deployments.

Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
05 Jan 2012 22:45 #3 by Liolic
Hi Babynus,

Thanks for your answer.
I undertand your explanation, but I am not shure to have the sufficiant knowledge in php programmation to do that...

The changes that I made are mostly in lang.xls and main.php, but the biggest work is in language file. All other changes are in database. So if update does not changes the database, and language file, I can manage changes in main.php at each update.

I will think about it and I will try to do as you explain to me.

I forgot to tell you that in language translation I found a little error in French lang. "Environement" should be written with 2 n = "Environnement"

Best regards,
Liolic

More
05 Jan 2012 23:17 #4 by babynus
Hi,

If your changes stand on lang.xls files, you'll just have to include new labels from next version lang.xls : select on "Vers." columns.

Changes in Database, will not be impacted by new versions ... unless new version creates data of columns you already added : this may lead to errors in alter of tables, then you'd have to update manually to get the other changes...

Thanks for the typo : fixed

Regards

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.