View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - OPCache / PHP version support - ProjeQtOr

OPCache / PHP version support

More
20 Jul 2021 12:23 #1 by Dr-Shadow
Hello, I'm wondering which PHP version I could use safely with Projeqtor.
PHP 7.3 / 7.4 / 8.0 ? Right now we are using PHP 7.3
What about opcache support, is it safe and recommended to enable it ?

It would be nice to have an official Docker image, the community one  HERE is lacking a lot of features (custom image on PHP 5.6 without fpm but opcache seems to be enabled).
I would appreciate to have a reference for the PHP dependencies and stuff (I'm just using the README as a reference).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2021 14:36 #2 by babynus

Hello, I'm wondering which PHP version I could use safely with Projeqtor.
PHP 7.3 / 7.4 / 8.0 ? Right now we are using PHP 7.3

Any will do the job

What about opcache support, is it safe and recommended to enable it ?

Yes it is save and recommended (it accelelrates the server response)
As far as I know, PHP 8.0 does no need opcache any more, as it uses a real comilation phase (not to opcode but to machine code)

It would be nice to have an official Docker image, the community one   HERE  is lacking a lot of features (custom image on PHP 5.6 without fpm but opcache seems to be enabled).

Possibly, but this is some work that no one sponsors :( 
We are already very busy with new versions, bug fixing, support, ...

I would appreciate to have a reference for the PHP dependencies and stuff (I'm just using the README as a reference).

This is already existing, on the website (search a bit)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
20 Jul 2021 20:38 #3 by Dr-Shadow
Ok I can now confirm that Projeqtor is working fine under PHP8 with opcache enabled (required for JIT as I could see on the web).
I already saw an improvement in loading times.

This is already existing, on the website (search a bit)

Yes that's why I said I found the readme.txt which is really complete. I would just appreciate to have not to maintain the configuration at each version upgrade (e.g going back to the readme.txt and find if something changed). Could be done with an official dockerfile, I can give my working Dockerfile if needed.

Thank you for the informations

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.