View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Test case and sessions management - ProjeQtOr

Test case and sessions management

More
01 May 2023 10:46 #1 by cmarti
Hi everybody,

This item has probably been asked and answered a ton of time, but I can't find the answer.

I would like to do the following points in order to check the evolution of the verification of the object under test prior to its launch to prototyping.
  1. Definition of all the tests needed to verify its behavior against its requirements (this is clear and easy)
  2. Having its estimated work summarized into a "parent object"
  3. List all the test cases into a test plan - is it the test session here?
  4. Have a log of all test sessions launch over the test plan - I have here a big confusion in between the concept of test session and test plan for ProjeQtOr.
  5. Have a way (e.g. with the automated integration files) to import the test results from the non-regression tool manager (e.g. Jenkins).
  6. Have a summary report (could use the API if needed) that indicates by week the evolution of the test sessions (which by the way are at least done daily, somethimes more).
    1. The report would ideally have the number of tests passes, failed, blocked, non executed. All stacked to obtain also the evolution of the number of test cases.
I hope that my description is clear, and obviously that we can somehow do it on the tool

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2023 14:33 #2 by babynus
  1. Definition of all the tests needed to verify its behavior against its requirements (this is clear and easy)
  2. Having its estimated work summarized into a "parent object"
    It is the test session
  3. List all the test cases into a test plan - is it the test session here?
    Yes, It is the test session
  4. Have a log of all test sessions launch over the test plan - I have here a big confusion in between the concept of test session and test plan for ProjeQtOr.
    It is the "test case run" on the test session
  5. Have a way (e.g. with the automated integration files) to import the test results from the non-regression tool manager (e.g. Jenkins).
    You can import "TestCaseRun" through import or through API
  6. Have a summary report (could use the API if needed) that indicates by week the evolution of the test sessions (which by the way are at least done daily, somethimes more).
    You'll have to build the "history", as I don't think we have such report
    1. The report would ideally have the number of tests passes, failed, blocked, non executed. All stacked to obtain also the evolution of the number of test cases.
      You'll find it on test session and several reports, but without "history"

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
30 May 2023 11:38 #3 by cmarti
Thank you Babynus for those explanation.
But I'm still a bit in the dark here.
Is there a part of the documentation giving an how-to or example of using the test cases, test sessions and test runs?

I've also tried the test session summary, but I can't choose the test session , non is visible. I have the warning sign but without any information helping me to solve that missing item

Finally I would like to add some information on the test run like the revision of the version control used for the run, or a seed (we are using randomized tests).
Is it possible to do that? I can't find it on the customization plug-in.

Thank you

More
09 Jun 2023 14:57 #4 by babynus

Is there a part of the documentation giving an how-to or example of using the test cases, test sessions and test runs?

User manual is quiter explicit (manual.projeqtor.org/html_en/Requirement....html?#test-sessions)
We also provide some specific document during training sessions that gives accurate and pragmatic information...

Finally I would like to add some information on the test run like the revision of the version control used for the run, or a seed (we are using randomized tests).
Is it possible to do that? I can't find it on the customization plug-in.

No

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.