View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Show in a ticket only products related to the project. - ProjeQtOr

Show in a ticket only products related to the project.

More
08 Jun 2023 19:18 #1 by sgodde
Hi, 

I have 2 resources, one who has an Admin profile, the other who has a Client profile with very restricted rights (create, read, modify Tickets, but cannot delete them).
- The admin has rights on all projects, while the client is limited only to the project on which he is assigned.

We have a list of products related to the client's project.

Create a Ticket on the Client project.

- If the Admin resource opens the list of possible products in the Ticket, he finds only the products related to this project.
- If the Customer resource opens this same ticket, the list of possible products displays all the products available in all our projects.
Why?

How to make the client resource see only the list of products of his project?

THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2023 11:11 - 14 Jun 2023 11:12 #2 by Arkhanje
We do not reproduce.
Can you repeat these manipulations on our site demo.projeqtor.com ?

Last edit: 14 Jun 2023 11:12 by Arkhanje.

More
14 Jun 2023 13:54 #3 by sgodde
Hi,
I did the following tests on your "Demo" site, from the "Gestionnaire" account. I did not make any modification or creation, no new project, nor new product.

There are 2 products:
- "swing..." on the Test2 project
- "web ..." on the TestMEGADEMO1 project

Select "All Projects"
Go to Ticket and create a new Ticket.

The default project is "project one". It is not a sub-project of those having a product. The product list displays "web..." instead of being empty. Why?

Change the project with "fertilization". It is not a sub-project of those having a product. The product list shows "web..." and "swing..." instead of being empty. Why?

With other projects, the list is empty, and with the "test2" and "TestMEGADEMO1" projects, we find the respective product of the project.

I don't know if it's the same problem as originally described, but the behaviour doesn't seem consistent with the expected.

More
14 Jun 2023 14:54 #4 by sgodde
It is difficult to compare with your Demo, because there are so many configuration parameters that can be different. Hence my question about perhaps parameters to check.

Then I did other tests with our Projeqtor instance.

I added my "Customer" resource on another P2 project with defined products.

I create a Ticket on the P1 project, I still have my problem, the list of products contains all the products of all the projects.

I create a Ticket on the P2 project, the list of products only contains the list of P2 products. So like what I expect.
Without saving, I change the project to P1.
This time the product list is empty.

I save my ticket with the Product choice set to "empty".

I open the list of products, I find all the products, ie my initial problem.

More
15 Jun 2023 10:01 #5 by babynus

The default project is "project one". It is not a sub-project of those having a product. The product list displays "web..." instead of being empty. Why?

Because project "Project One" is linked to Product Version "Web Application V2.0".
Note that the relationship taken into account for lists is Project - Product Version.
The relation Project - Product is just a shortcut to automatic link all versions of the product to the project.
This has a drawback : products without versions are not managed as you may expect.
This can be the source of your issues.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
15 Jun 2023 11:21 #6 by sgodde
Hello,

yes, I understood that mechanism.
But if I go back to my initial example, I did not understand why my Admin profile had a list restricted to the project, while my customer profile had a list with all the products of all my projects.

Following your last remark, I made checks. And I noticed that in my example, the products were declared in the parent project, while the Customer was a resource in the child project.

I did a test by directly adding the products also to the child project, and in this case, when creating a Ticket, the list of products is limited to those of the project.

Normal or abnormal, you tell me.

Thanks again

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.