View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Issue with Administrator profile and Planning section in ProjeQtOr - ProjeQtOr

Issue with Administrator profile and Planning section in ProjeQtOr

More
29 Jul 2023 10:04 #1 by chandrashekhar
Hi there,

I noticed that there is a profile named "Administrator" in two different users, namely ADMIN and kavi-admin. However, when the user "kavi-admin" tries to edit the project name in the Planning section and clicks on save, a system message appears saying "Nothing to plan. Check that you have rights to plan the project and that it is not 'fixed planning'." It seems that the record is being saved correctly despite the message being displayed. 

To further investigate the issue, I also checked the demo.projeqtor.org website using the user manager, and I found a different error in the planning section. I have attached an image showing the error message for your reference.

Could you please provide any additional information or screenshots that may help me in resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Hi there,

There is a same profile "Administrator" in different users i.e. ADMIN and kavi-admin, also not found any allocations in user "kavi-admin" (Detail page: under the tab: allocations),
when user "kavi-admin" edit project name (in Planning) and click on save, system shows message "Nothing to plan Check that you have rights to plan the project and that it is not "fixed planning"" . Though record is being saved as expected! It looks that system showing message only! please refer attached the image "liveproject-planning error"

This is a big confusion for me to solve this issue, could you please help me to solve the above issue?

I have also checked with demo.projeqtor.org using user manager to take reference, but I found some different error there in planning. Please refer attached the image "demo-planning-error"

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2023 09:01 #2 by Arkhanje
Hello, 

the administrator profile is not all-powerful, it is therefore possible that this administrator does not have the rights to calculate the planning or if he has been assigned to a project in another profile, that he loses his rights to administrator and cannot access certain features.
Check its profile and verify that the project is not “fixed” which would prevent it from being recalculated. Hence the message...

for the demo... which is in 10.4 on your screenshot ?
we are investigating

More
31 Oct 2023 09:18 #3 by babynus
How did you get the screenshot from Demo in V10.4.2 ?
The error in AO.4.2 is fixed for long in V10.4.5 and Demo is on V11.0 since several weeks.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
31 Oct 2023 10:27 #4 by chandrashekhar
My post is old i.e. on 29 Jul 2023 10:04

More
31 Oct 2023 10:29 #5 by chandrashekhar
Thank you for reply, I have checked in new version 11.0.1, found okay even with user kavi-admin, I didn't face any challenge.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.