View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Strange ticket management - ProjeQtOr

Strange ticket management

More
12 Feb 2012 22:28 #1 by ThierrC49
I have found strange management for ticket :

In activity you have a field named "responsible", I think this name can confuse user because in activity the Responsible is the man who must follow the activity not the person who done the activity.

I think the ticket shall work close to activity because in my understanding (but perhapse i'm wrong :/) an activity is something that is in original plan and ticket is unplaned effort according to type.

Then for me the ticket and plan must be more linked (process, time estimation, record time pass...)

Could you please light me about this point :P

Thierry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2012 00:01 #2 by babynus
In activity you have a field named "responsible", I think this name can confuse user because in activity the Responsible is the man who must follow the activity not the person who done the activity.
In activity, you have both notions : Responsible and Assigned resources.
Responsible is the one who must make sure the work is done, and possibly coordinate different resources working on the activity.
Most of the time, the Responsible is also assigned to the task (in Project'Or RIA, the responsible is automatically assigned to the activity).
In all other items (Tickets, Actions, ....) there is only the notion of Responsible. It can be interpreted as the one who works on the item, but also as the one who must make sure the work is done, independently of who really does the work...

activity is something that is in original plan and ticket is unplaned effort according to type.

You're right !

Then for me the ticket and plan must be more linked (process, time estimation, record time pass...)

You're right, and that's why can sould define Planning Activity on the ticket : it mean it is the planned task the ticket is linked to.
Record expended time is a planned evolution, in stand by mode since quite long. I should wake it up ;). The main idea, is that user will just enter : I start work, then I stop work, and expended time will be automatically calculated. The work will be counted on the Planning Activity (as work, retrieving work from planned left work).
Time estimation is nbot planned but is a good idea...

Regards.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
13 Feb 2012 21:39 #3 by ThierrC49
Thank babynus for this answer.

I don't know why you don't manage a ticket exactly same way than activity (quit same windows but with different process).

The actual link is only symbolic (if I good undestand) ,
then when activity is close some ticket can still open. without alert for manager :(
if user is affected to activity he don't see the ticket associated if he isn't responsible of this :(

Record expended time is a planned evolution, in stand by mode since quite long. I should wake it up . The main idea, is that user will just enter : I start work, then I stop work, and expended time will be automatically calculated.

I'm not pros for the automatic time keeping, the user will be found that as "police man" behing each activity and need check/uncheck operation to be exact (coffe pause, launch pause, meeeting...) then need rework the hours, the imputation mode work fine for me :).

Perhapse my usage is specific due to my company organization then I'll appreciate any other comeback about my feel, and perhapse you will change something if every body like my point of view :D.

BR
Thierry,

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.