View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Problem with priority conflict between "regular between 2 dates" and "as soon as possible" - ProjeQtOr

Problem with priority conflict between "regular between 2 dates" and "as soon as possible"

More
25 Jan 2013 19:00 - 25 Jan 2013 19:06 #1 by JCDe
Hello

We would like to create all tasks in as soon as possible mode so that priorty can be managed thanks top priority field. But we have one task (project management) on our projects that are shared all along the year and so that we define as regular between dates. But this task has priority on the others. So the priorty rule between "regular between 2 dates" and as soon as possible is a problem for our scheduling.

Could you explain why "regular between 2 dates" has priority to "as soon as possible"? Why did you attach a priority notion to the planning mode as there already is the priority notion via the priorty field? This makes it more difficult to manage priorities.

How could we change this priorty rule in the code?

Thanks
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 19:06 by JCDe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 19:32 - 26 Jan 2013 19:54 #2 by babynus
When a task is defined as "Regular between dates", it means you have to plan some regular work, whatever other tasks, to be sure some time is left for these tasks.

Thats why "Regular between dates" has top most priority.

This is defined in code /model/PlanningElement, method sortPlanningElements($list).
You can remove this default behaviour
Change
$crit=($elt->idPlanningMode=='2' or  $elt->idPlanningMode=='3' or  $elt->idPlanningMode=='7')?'0':'1';
with
$crit='1';

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
Last edit: 26 Jan 2013 19:54 by babynus.

More
28 Jan 2013 11:54 #3 by JCDe
I agree with you but :
When current delivery is late, the CDP must prioritize the technical activities. The "transverse" activities become less priority.
Our activities (transverse) are planned throughout the year. Occasionally technical activities must interrupt.
I use the term "Regular Between dates" for "transverse" activities throughout the year, and "as soon as possible" for technical activities.
How do you manage in my case without modifying the code to manage its priorities technical activities and "transverse" activities ?

More
28 Jan 2013 11:58 #4 by babynus

How do you manage in my case without modifying the code to manage its priorities technical activities and "transverse" activities ?

I do not :(

Babynus

More
28 Jan 2013 12:02 #5 by babynus
Maybe this need would require new planning mode : "Urgent !"
This mode would mean : asap with higher priority than every other task.
Then, priority for these tasks would manage priority only between urgent tasks.

Babynus

More
28 Jan 2013 12:14 #6 by JCDe
Yes it is a solution! Easy to implement in the code?
But why not give priorities to manage the priorities of different planning mode?

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.