Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Help Getting Started - ProjeQtOr

Help Getting Started

More
11 Feb 2013 16:35 #1 by jdls
Help Getting Started was created by jdls
Hello,

I am a bit new to PHP and have mainly used it for small projects. A new requirement has come up though and this program meets 95% of what is needed. However, I am having a bit of trouble implementing some new features. I was hoping someone could help me get in the right direction.

I am trying to attach two new data fields to project. For example, a source language field and a target language field. Each project will only have one source language but could have many target languages. I have implemented all of this in the database without a problem but I am a bit lost on how to incorporate this into the ProjectOr framework.

Could someone please try to walk me through the beginning steps of adding this to the system? I mainly need help with adding it to the project class and then generating visuals in the project view panel.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2013 23:13 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Re: Help Getting Started
Hi,

I guess you defined table "language".
What is important is mandatory fields
=> id int(12), autoincrement : the primary key
=> name varchar(100)

Then you have to create one class "Language".
Check other classes, it's easy to define...
To have menu to define list :
=> add line in table menu
=> add lines in table habilitation
check one of the existing sql scripts to get help...

You possibly need to defined 2 classes SourceLanguage and TargetLanguange.
Once again, check existing classes for help.

Finaly, you just have to add idLanguage, or idTargetLanguage, or idSourceLanguage to project or other item. The rest is automatic.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.