View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Learn more about the running of project'or RIA - ProjeQtOr

Learn more about the running of project'or RIA

More
20 Feb 2013 10:14 #1 by DjackJack
Hello,

I am impressed by your work.
I started to analyze the code of your software.

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) is that your main window, the file is main.php.Tout builds within this view, other view files in the folder are pieces to be placed in the main window.
But I ask myself several questions about how it operates:

1 / I do not know if all actions are all the main.php or is every views that support his actions?

2 / I read in a previous post what role each played folder and your architecture does not meet completely the MVC design pattern, which is why I want to know if you have some kind of pattern (such as drawings MVC existing on the internet) that shows how each of your parts to interract understand better now? (Because to me it looks like a reversed MVC without the C where all actions and commands are executed at views)

3 / Why did you choose Dojo? Why not not using jQuery (what are the advantages to face Dojo jQuery for this project?)? What are your main use Dojo?

4/Je am not too comfortable with the persistence framework for php, what is its purpose?

5/Quels are your key files (not those who develop functionality but just those that establish the relationship between the parties for the proper functioning of your software as: projector.php and others that I do not necessarily know)? And what roles play?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2013 00:05 #2 by babynus

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) is that your main window, the file is main.php.Tout builds within this view, other view files in the folder are pieces to be placed in the main window.

Right.

1 / I do not know if all actions are all the main.php or is every views that support his actions?

Actions are in the /tool : saveXxxx.php, deleteXxx.php, ...

2 / I read in a previous post what role each played folder and your architecture does not meet completely the MVC design pattern, which is why I want to know if you have some kind of pattern (such as drawings MVC existing on the internet) that shows how each of your parts to interract understand better now?

No, no specific pattern. Just "convention" rather than "description".
The MVC design pattern is not so far. The most difference is the definition of fields in the model that will help draw the screens.

(Because to me it looks like a reversed MVC without the C where all actions and commands are executed at views)

Not exactly. Each action can be considered as a controller. Some kind of MVC 1.

3 / Why did you choose Dojo?

Why not ?

Why not not using jQuery

Why not ? ;)

(what are the advantages to face Dojo jQuery for this project?)?
What are your main use Dojo?

Dojo is almost everywhere : fields are dojo managed (automatic format control, auto extendable text area, calendar control, grid view for lists, tree wirdget, ...).
All the widgets in Dojo are the main reason why I choose Dojo. when I started Project'Or RIA, about 3 years ago, it was the most complete and reliable.
I hesitated between Dojo, JQuery and ExtJs.
I finaly choose Dojo because of powerfull Dojox.Grid : very reliable, and designed to display very long lists without having to set any pagination thanks to lazy loading. I just tried with 10.000 lines displayed : it's realy quick !!!

4/Je am not too comfortable with the persistence framework for php, what is its purpose?

Save and retreive Data to the Database...
All is in /model/persistence. Mostly in SqlElement.php (every persistant class extends this one).

5/Quels are your key files (not those who develop functionality but just those that establish the relationship between the parties for the proper functioning of your software as: projector.php and others that I do not necessarily know)? And what roles play?

Really most important are :
/tool/projector.php (loaded on every script, controling security)
/model/persistence/SqlElement.php : the core persistence class

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: DjackJack

More
21 Feb 2013 13:28 #3 by DjackJack
Thank you for this answer.

What disturbed me was that the functions in certain files from view. I thought the controllers were included in the views.

So to summarize, when you start the application, the file main.php containing an empty window is called. Once the latter called main.php call other views to be the first page.

But I have other questions:
After the page is created, if the user decides to perform an operation.
which is sent to the application? (a file in the tools directory? If yes, which one?)

By what means it is sent (Is this Dojo does)?

Is there a file in the tools directory decodes the request to understand what to do?

Is this Dojo is one that will connect all parts of the MVC? (if yes, how?)

Is that it is he who has the role of the front controller? (He manages all that I said earlier?)

Do, I would like to know what are the steps followed when a user action? (Know the process and the connection between the file main.php, Dojo, the tools directory, the other views, and possibly the model)

More
23 Feb 2013 21:37 #4 by babynus

What disturbed me was that the functions in certain files from view. I thought the controllers were included in the views.

In /view, you can find display and formatting functions.

So to summarize, when you start the application, the file main.php containing an empty window is called.

Yes.

Once the latter called main.php call other views to be the first page.

Yes. First page is Today.php.

After the page is created, if the user decides to perform an operation.
which is sent to the application? (a file in the tools directory? If yes, which one?)

If operation is just display new page or new item, file is in /view.
If operation is an action (save, delete,...), file is in /tool.
Called file depends on action...

By what means it is sent (Is this Dojo does)?

Yes. It is an Ajax call, using dojo.xhrPost().
Most calls are done using javascipt internal function loadContent() (in /view/js/projector.js)

Is there a file in the tools directory decodes the request to understand what to do?

No. Calling the dedicate file is enough to know what to do.

Is this Dojo is one that will connect all parts of the MVC? (if yes, how?)

No. Dojo is just a javascipt framework. It brings widgets and cross browser compatibility when writting javascript. It has nothing to do with MVC.

Is that it is he who has the role of the front controller? (He manages all that I said earlier?)

No. Font controller is /tool/projector.php : it controls session, habilitation and global rooting.

I would like to know what are the steps followed when a user action?

All depends on the action... It's can be complex.

Know the process and the connection between the file main.php, Dojo, the tools directory, the other views, and possibly the mode

There is no connection with main.php : it is just a container.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: DjackJack

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.