View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] how to change our address, in the email we sent to the users? - Page 3 - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] how to change our address, in the email we sent to the users?

More
28 Nov 2015 14:05 #13 by babynus

so its like sudo apt-get install php5-phpmyadmin?

Yes, and this solution (apt-get) is better and quicker.

is TOAD is integrated with GUI with it? or it just text based, just like linux ?

No, it is a client you install on Windows (don't know if it's available for linux)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: soblog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2015 14:18 #14 by soblog
BTW is there some kind of benefit or diference(s) between phpmyadmin and TOAD?

I'm kinda curios :)

More
28 Nov 2015 14:24 #15 by babynus
Completely different :
=> phpMyAdmin is a web application that you install on your server, you have nothin to install on client, but hackers may reach your database through phpMyAdmin if access is not correctly secured. Interest is that you don't have to open access to database outside localhost as acces are done locally by phpMyAdmin (installed on server).
=> TOAD is a heavy client application that you install on your desktop (like word or any other desktop application). But you have to open remote access on your database to allow this kind of access.

Babynus

More
28 Nov 2015 14:52 #16 by soblog
so i'd say that using TOAD more secure than just using myphpadmin tought, cause TOAD using server-client connection from our PC...

but if i want to use TOAD how to connect to mysql server that been put on linux thought?

More
28 Nov 2015 21:16 #17 by babynus

so i'd say that using TOAD more secure than just using myphpadmin tought, cause TOAD using server-client connection from our PC...

No, not really, as it involves allowing remote connections, which is not really secured.
Best could be phpMyAdmin with security on the directory.
Something like a .htaccess containing :
AuthName "PhpMyAdmin"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile ".htpasswd"
require valid-user
AuithUserFile should be changed to secure path and .htpasswd correcly generated (search in the web for "how to generate .htpasswd")

but if i want to use TOAD how to connect to mysql server that been put on linux thought?

You need to allow remote access on MySql server. This is not very easy, nor secure. You'll find some tutorials on the web (www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-enable-r...database-server.html)

phpMyAdmin is not a bad alternative ;)

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.