View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Install Issue - Unable to Login - Initial Database (MySQL) Import Timing Out - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Install Issue - Unable to Login - Initial Database (MySQL) Import Timing Out

More
18 Jan 2016 08:06 #1 by temptommy
I'm attempting to install in a shared hosting environment (DreamHost) where it appears some timeout (FastCGI perhaps) is preventing the initial database import from completing. I have no control over that timeout variable, at least, not that I know of. I am able to access the shell (command line) for the server and can use a custom php.ini file, but since it's a shared environment, I do not have access to root.

So, when the installation appears to be complete, I'm left at the login screen unable to login with admin/admin or any other username/password combination. If I drop all of the tables in the database and login as admin/admin again, it'll add the tables back to the database and appear to finish, but actually timeout, and I'm left a the login screen yet again unable to login.

Assuming that I cannot change the variable that's causing the timeout and that this is, in fact, the problem (I'm pretty sure it is because each time I try to install I end up with a different number of tables in the database - 76 one time, 128 another, 135 another, etc...), is there a recommended way of installing the database via phphMyAdmin or the command line?

Also, how many database tables should be in the database at the end of the installation process?

I searched in the "db" folder and saw a bunch of .sql files, but none of them would import properly for various reasons.

Are there any tricks to getting this installed on DreamHost shared servers?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2016 09:13 #2 by babynus
What you can do is an iterative way.
Download each major versions (1.0, 2.0, ...) and install them one after one.
When 5.0 is done, you can install the latest you want (5.1.5 for stable, 5.2.1 for latest).

You cannot install through phpMyAdmin because scripts are not self sufficients.
Scripts in db operate iterative sql changes, and you could possibly possibly run them to populate database, bt there are some parametering that you'll miss (at least insert on dbVersion in table parameter, but there should be others). You cannot run them "as is" because you have to replace ${prefix} with the prefix for tables.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: temptommy

More
18 Jan 2016 17:11 #3 by temptommy

What you can do is an iterative way.
Download each major versions (1.0, 2.0, ...) and install them one after one.
When 5.0 is done, you can install the latest you want (5.1.5 for stable, 5.2.1 for latest).

That did it, thanks. It took a while on my host, but it worked in the end.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.