View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Ticket managment ambiguity - ProjeQtOr

Ticket managment ambiguity

More
07 Jul 2016 17:08 #1 by richard.pare
Hi Babynus !

With the integration of screen "Ticket dashboard", your software become an interesting ticket management system.

Is this the direction you want to take for your software?

The answer I think is no.

But, I stay confused.

Who create a ticket? A developer, a project manager, help desk support?

Tickets still have a strong relationship with the projects.

I don't think that help desk support can associate a product issue with a project.

I would like that you precise your orientation on the ticket management in ProjeQtOr.

Second, I don't like to have a field for the product (component) and another for the version. Their application are not intuitive. I would like you rework this part.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2016 17:48 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Ticket managment ambiguity
Hi,
Target of projeqtor is not to become a Help Desk Tool.

But it integrates Ticket Management because you should deal with Tickets when you manage Projects.
Opposite to Help Desk Tool, Tickets in ProjeQtOr are always linked to a Project, because ProjeQtOr is Project oriented.

It is almost the same thing with integration of financial data.
Some people compare ProjeQtOr to ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) because it integrates most of items managed by ERPs.
But real difference is that Financial Data in ProjeQtOr is always seen on the side of the Project, and all items are linked to a project.

The global idea is that in a project, you must manage relation with customer.
So customer can directly enter requests into the tool, as Tickets.
This can be requests for change or issues or else.
This is very interesting during customer testing phase, to record all requests and then follow up what we do about them.
And copy feature in ProjeQtOr will help convert Ticket request into Activities tha will be planned...

Another good example is the track database : ProjeQtOr roadmap is managed through ProjeQtOr, with tickets.
The ticket dashboard may be very usefull to follow up the roadmap.

Second, I don't like to have a field for the product (component) and another for the version. Their application are not intuitive. I would like you rework this part.

Could you explain your ideas ?
How do you expect it to work easier ?
NB : The product entry is mostly a way to reduce versions list when you have may work on many versions of many products. You may directly select the verison...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
08 Jul 2016 20:48 #3 by richard.pare
Ticket management is used mainly to interact with customers. (Customer <-> Development team).

Is exact?

Tickets have a mandatory relationship with a project. If they want to create a ticket, customers must know the project name.
During the project realization, I think a customer can to know the name of the project. But after, I am not sure.

My misunderstanding is that I am trying to link ProjeQtOr features with our needed.

Here, a customer is an internal staff. We build systems to respond to it needs.

During the system lifecycle, we create different projects to development, maintenance, reform and so on.

I thought that I could use the product as system and use the product version like phases of the system. I would want to create a different project for each phase and link them to version.

In my case, what do you advise me?

Could you explain your ideas ?
How do you expect it to work easier ?
NB : The product entry is mostly a way to reduce versions list when you have may work on many versions of many products. You may directly select the verison...

Due to the links complexity between project, product (version) and component (version), I understand why you use all these fields. But, this not intuitive.
You must put the complexity in the right place.

First problem are filters.

By default, lists of values are filtered according to link between project and versions of products.

You offer possibility to select the product (version) and component (version), out of the project scope. But, I must click on magnifier icon to see the complete list of values.

The second problem is the number of fields.

You have four fields for issue origin and two for the target version.
The user wants to set only the origin product (component) of the problem and which in version the resolution will be applied.

My advice is:
  • You must show on ticket screen only two fields: "origin product" and "target product". You change the list of values by a readonly field.
  • When user click on a button, a dialog box appears and show lists of values in hierarchical form. (Products with their version list, Components with their version list). The dialog box has a radio button for setting the filter. By default filtered according the project and the other button for "all projects".

You should put the radio button filter on each dialog box where we must click on magnifier icon to get lists of values for all projects (like dependencies, linked elements and so on).

Have a great weekend!

More
08 Jul 2016 21:29 #4 by babynus

customers must know the project name

In most cases, costomers are affected to few projects, possibly one only, so customer does not have big choice.

Here, a customer is an internal staff. We build systems to respond to it needs.

It really fits ProjeQtOr design.
Customer can be internal (in french we call it MOE/MOA relationship)

During the system lifecycle, we create different projects to development, maintenance, reform and so on.

Exact.

I thought that I could use the product as system and use the product version like phases of the system.

This is a really good way to do.

I would want to create a different project for each phase and link them to version.
In my case, what do you advise me?

Create one main projet.
Create one product.
Create one sub-project for each phase.
Create one version of the product for each phase.
Link corresponding version to each sub-project (phase).
You can affect customers phase by phase : create affectation for phase one. Then when this one ise done, close affectation for phase one and create affectation for phase two. And so one. This way, customer is affected to one only project at a time, and do not have to "choose" project when creating tickets.
Development team can be affected to top project, to get visibility of all phases.

(to be continued, to reply to your long mail) ;)

Babynus

More
09 Jul 2016 22:39 #5 by babynus

You must show on ticket screen only two fields: "origin product" and "target product". You change the list of values by a readonly field.

This can be configured for each profile, on "specific access rights" to select which profile sees the component level.
Sure, component is only for internal team.

When user click on a button, a dialog box appears and show lists of values in hierarchical form. (Products with their version list, Components with their version list). The dialog box has a radio button for setting the filter. By default filtered according the project and the other button for "all projects".

Good idea.
IT breaks with current design, but really good idea.
Recorded as Ticket #2191

Thanks for this idea.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.