View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Email not working properly - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Email not working properly

More
12 Sep 2016 08:47 - 12 Sep 2016 16:13 #1 by ashofphoenix
I can't manage to make the email fonction working properly . Please find attached a log view at the end of post

Environment : Apache + php 5.2.8.

I'm trying to install projqtor for an intranet configuration. I'm already using several "php tools" which are fonctionning properly for sending mail through php sendmail.

I've got a simple smtp/pop3 internal email serveur without security connection (NO TLS etc) but with encrypted password authentication method

I've fill in general parameter with a proper account.

When I press the 'send remind approbation email ' for a file, It looks like smtp connection failed as it seems to want to connect with TLS security. Is there a way to configure Pqtor not to use TLS security connection ?

By the way, i've also an deprecated error (see attachment) . Any way to solve it ?

Regards
Ash

File Attachment:

File Name: projeqtor_...0912.log
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2016 16:13 by ashofphoenix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 11:29 #2 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Email not working properly
Log shows that your SMTP server required TLS.
It responds correctly on port 25 (which is not default 587).
But fails on Start TLS because your PHP server has no SSL capacity

2016-09-12 06:35:50 SMTP ERROR: STARTTLS command failed: 500 Cannot start TLS; SSL not enabled on server

It also seems that you're using an old PHP version.

2016-09-12 08:35:50.657 ***** ERROR ***** cause = is_a(): Deprecated. Please use the instanceof operator

is_a() is not deprecated anymore since PHP 5.3... and current is PHP 7 (~5.7)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
12 Sep 2016 13:39 - 12 Sep 2016 13:42 #3 by ashofphoenix
Thanks for your answer..

Well I guess I miss something then

Actually we are using thunderbird as email client and SMTP access for our accounts are configured WITHOUT any security access but with password encrypted authentication..

So I guess it's normal than our server didn't have SSL enable as we are not currently it for our mailboxes !! (or I don't really understand what's goin on...)

for PHP version, sure it's a pretty old one ! However requirement in readme are saying 5.2 and over, and I guess 5.2.8 is over 5.2 .. So it means that 5.2.8 is not supported for projeqtor... gonna try to upgraded it testing board effect for our other php functions...
Last edit: 12 Sep 2016 13:42 by ashofphoenix.

More
12 Sep 2016 14:23 #4 by babynus

for PHP version, sure it's a pretty old one ! However requirement in readme are saying 5.2 and over, and I guess 5.2.8 is over 5.2 .. So it means that 5.2.8 is not supported for projeqtor... gonna try to upgraded it testing board effect for our other php functions...

Yes, ProjeQtOr is compatible since V5.2. It happens you have one of the few that set is-a as obsolete. You should just lower error level in php (to E_ERROR). We'll try and include a patch in next verison to avoid this.
But upgrading to newest PHP version is a really good advise. ;)

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashofphoenix

More
12 Sep 2016 16:06 #5 by ashofphoenix
I have made a brand new installation with apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.10 Mysql 5.7 !

the PHP error is no longer visible. However I still can't send mail

I don't understand why Projeqtor try to connect using TLS ? Is there a way to make it connect is 'standard' SMTP 25 port without security ???? As I said before I don't use a security connexion, only a password encrypted authentication. All my other php scripts are using port 25 with that configuration with no problem...

Any hint for me to check ?

Regards

More
12 Sep 2016 16:18 #6 by babynus
PRojeQtOr uses PHPMailer by defaut, and if my remebering is correct, PHPMailer automatically switches to crypted communication (SSL or TLS) if authentification (user/password) is used.
The only way to connect without security is to remove user/password to connect to smtp server (and so this server must allow anonymous connections from your php server)

You can try to use the "old" way to send emails, the php default way.
This is easy : just enter new line in parameters.php :
$paramMailerType='mail';
This will automatically switch to php mail system.

Babynus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashofphoenix

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.