View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Connection Lost and Update Issue - ProjeQtOr

Connection Lost and Update Issue

More
16 Apr 2018 02:56 #1 by indieben
Hi,

I was running version 6.5.7 and, after setting up my milestones and other content, I now repeatedly get "connection lost, please reconnect", this happens repeatedly as I go around the install. I thought this might be a bug related to version 6.5.7 so I downloaded the latest version which, despite being prompted to do so when I logged in to my install, is not listed on the website as a stable release but, rather, a "release candidate".

I followed the upgrade instructions, to back up my database, to download, extract and FTP the files over the previous ones and I logged in to my administration account. The database did not however update. I have changed my admin username to a username I will remember.

When I received the connection lost message, it suggested that the issue had been logged, i'm not sure where the log file is. What a lovely piece of software, the design is as whacky as it comes and I love it. The website is confusing though for me. It would really help if instructions were more clearly available from the first pages of the website (and not hidden away), the registration form for the forum, despite being the "en" version still contains some French prompts etc. Just polite feedback!

I got the files from Github as it was not clear where to get them from from the website.

Hoping you can help. Thanks and Kind Regards,

indieben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2018 09:11 #2 by babynus
Hi,

You can find errors in the log file.
Location is defined during configuration and default value in on projector/file/logs
You can also acces log files through administration page.

Don't get files on Git unless you'd like to test ongoing developments...
ProjeQtOr can be downloaded on bottom of Home page (latest version) or on Menu Product / Download (all versions available)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The following user(s) said Thank You: indieben

More
17 Apr 2018 03:21 #3 by indieben
Thanks very much for your reply.

The issue though is that you have a "release candidate" - what is this please? Is this the latest stable release or one that you are not supposed to use? Are you supposed to go to the archive at the bottom even though there are no clear instructions about this? Your release candidate (nor 7.0.3) has an installation directory either but there are no clear instructions that you should install the old one and then import the installation directory from a previous download (I presume that this is what you expect users to do?). Also, this still does not explain how you are supposed to upgrade since when I a) backed up the database b) downloaded the tar, c) ftp'd the new directories and files over the old ones, and d) logged in with my Administrator account, this did not lead to the database being updated.

You have a great piece of software but either no clear instructions or things just aren't working before they are released. Which is it please? I have spent hours trying to work this out and to say i'm frustrated with the lack of clear guidance and confusing downloads is an understatement.

Thanks.

More
17 Apr 2018 15:16 #4 by babynus
We have two ongiong versions

1) Last stable release : it is the last patch on a version that has been tagged "stable" (reliable)
Current in V6.5.7

2) Release candidate : reliable enough to be used, but which may still have bugs, including major ones.
Current is V7.0.4

If you get the SVN version, you will get some code including fixes and/or evolutions that have not been tested yet.

Babynus

More
17 Apr 2018 16:10 #5 by indieben
Thanks for this,

Would it not be better to have the “release candidate” described as a beta version and not have the software prompt you to update to it since it could contain major bugs? Most software would only advertise a new version once it was stable as people could lose confidence in what is an awesome idea - I love the design by the way, it’s very different, was the design implemented on Ruby or something?

Thanks

More
17 Apr 2018 17:28 - 17 Apr 2018 17:30 #6 by babynus

Most software would only advertise a new version once it was stable

It's right when you deal with Paid software.
When you deal with open source, you should concider that testing the release candidate is part of contributing to the community And it is part of ProjeQtOr strenght : have great part of community test release candidate so that major remaining bugs are quickly identified and fixed.
Release candidate is not a Beta version, it is reliable enough to be deployed and ensure you woun't loose some data.

About Design, we use an internal framework + Dojo for Javascript and some UI widgets.

Babynus
Last edit: 17 Apr 2018 17:30 by babynus.

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.