View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Projection of incomes and expenses - ProjeQtOr

Projection of incomes and expenses

More
19 Sep 2018 16:19 #1 by louisc
Hi,

Would it be possible to have a report which reports all the future incomes and expenses ?
I'm trying to use Projeqtor to plan then track the expenses and incomes planned in the future.
I'm not sure I put all the data as it should. We are working in a way that may not be the way Projeqtor was thought about. Maybe it's not the best way to work, but this is the one customers and sales are used to work.

Most of the time, we are selling a global prestation for which the payment is sliced into 2 to 4 parts, depending essentially on the duration of the prestation.
The prestation includes internal working days, external prestations, and also products or materials.
The bill milestones are not directly dependant on the amount really spent, but more on a decomposition of the total price shared into 2 to 4 bill and payment milestones. The good news is that these bill and payment milestones are linked to real project miletstones, so when updating the planning, we can also update the bill and payment milestones' dates if the milestones are floating.

My goal is to be able to put information in both prevision of expenses (most of the time before having the real tenders from suppliers, so only the projected expenses can be input most of the time), and also prevision of bill and payments amounts (linked to real project milestones, and not real or projected workload).

In order to have this kind of information, I put data in Project Expenses, with projected value and payment date. I also put data in client terms (most of the time linked to the client orders, at least the total amount should be the same), where I put value in Real (validated and planned are grayed) and link the Trigger elements for the term to a real project milestone (so I get a planned date automatically).

When trying to find the data from the reports, I only get on the terms reports (monthly or weekly) the data for the client terms where a real date has been entered (so only past data, no future data), while for the costs the reports do report the future planned costs. I think that this is due to the fact that the planned value for client terms are always set to 0 (don't know how in my case put them at another value).

So my 2 questions :
1) How can we put/get correct data for future bills and payments ?
2) Would it be possible to get a report combining both the planned costs (either only external or internal or total cost) and the future incomes ? So we can show easily where are the zones in the project where we need finances ?

Thanks a lot, and don't hesitate to ask if I'm not clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2018 08:58 #2 by babynus

I think that just enter bill, on some "prepared" status, with expected amount and tarhet date should do the job.
Terms are not mandatory and are very specifically designed. Myby this can be improved.
Ticket #3585 recorded.

2) Would it be possible to get a report combining both the planned costs (either only external or internal or total cost) and the future incomes ? So we can show easily where are the zones in the project where we need finances ?

The Expense reports already show real and planned in Report Category "costs".
For incomes, there is no Time-bases report.
This can be an improvement toi have global financial "history" and "planning".
Ticket #3586 recorded.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
21 Sep 2018 16:11 #3 by louisc
Hi,

babynus wrote:

I think that just enter bill, on some "prepared" status, with expected amount and tarhet date should do the job.
Terms are not mandatory and are very specifically designed. Myby this can be improved.
Ticket #3585 recorded.

Well, I tried create a bill (I'm not interested to manage bills directly on Projeqtor, as this is done on another system at work) in order to get this info. But how can we get the data from the client orders for example, or from the terms ? It seems I have to put all bill lines once more, as linking the order doesn't automatically fill the information for the bill lines.

babynus wrote:

The Expense reports already show real and planned in Report Category "costs".
For incomes, there is no Time-bases report.
This can be an improvement toi have global financial "history" and "planning".
Ticket #3586 recorded.

Ok thanks !

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.