View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] How to change project planned end date - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] How to change project planned end date

More
07 Mar 2019 16:30 #1 by clarezoe
Hi,

It seems like to be very straight forward but I can't figure it out. Searched in the manual and forum already. All my projects are planned to have the end date on the same date as the start date. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 20:01 #2 by babynus
I gues you don't have any assigned work.
So all your activitiies have 1 day duration

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
07 Mar 2019 20:43 #3 by clarezoe
I have created activities and assigned to the project and also added time to the assigned resource if that is what you mean by assigned work.

I'm very frustrated about these kinds of basics. I hope there was some kind of quick start guides but I couldn't find any. I'm willing to make such tutorial once I sort all these out. :side:

More
08 Mar 2019 11:30 #4 by beverley
I have exactly the same problem, spend over 2 weeks now putting various data and trying to evaluate this software.

I had recommended this software be fully evaluted but have now the same issue with the plan which has somehow calculated the planned dates incorrect, they were correct but are not now. The assigned time has been added, and the real time which is the same. It has calculated that there is a need for extra time somehow not sure why!?

Plus the planned end date is wrong, the validated end date is correct for the task. There appears to be no solution, therefore not possible to create a stable plan in projeqtor!!! or I am missing some critical information. Happy to record the solution if there is one.
Can anyone help.

Sorry appears for some reason I can attach image of activity.
Validated Planned Real requested
Start date 19/2/19 19/2/19 19/2/19 blank

End Date 4/3/19 19/3/19 blank blank

duration 10d 21d blank blank

work 45.81d 45.81d 45.81d left 7.06d reassessed 52.87 d

cost blank blank blank left blank reassessed blank

priority 500 planning fixed duration

If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

More
08 Mar 2019 14:59 - 08 Mar 2019 15:04 #5 by clarezoe
I added the planned work in the validated field in Cost and works. And now it shows the correct planned date. Is it the correct place?
However, it is not what I wanted. The planned hours is the totally estimated work but it is not full time, i.e. 8 h / day. So for 8 hours work can be stretched to one week.
What should I do to make the planning?
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2019 15:04 by clarezoe.

More
08 Mar 2019 19:51 #6 by babynus
You need to add assignment to get real planning.
1) create resources (if not already exist)
2) allocate resources to project
3) assign each resource to each devoted activity.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.