View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - New model : Field Type and Quicksearch - ProjeQtOr

New model : Field Type and Quicksearch

More
10 Jun 2013 11:48 - 10 Jun 2013 11:59 #1 by LEVA
Hi,

I would like to point something I discovered.

If you intend to build your own new model, you should not use the type int for the number type field.
When performing a Quicksearch, Project'Or RIA first checks if the type of field in the Database is varchar and if it is not it does not include this field in the research.

My advice is to use only int when you are making a relationship with another table/model and varchar otherwise.

The problem is still there if you need a date.. I think jSonQuery should be updated.

BTW, Quicksearch does not find those link : for example, I have a model which is linked to status. If I search "Annulée" I cannot find anything.

cu
Last edit: 10 Jun 2013 11:59 by LEVA.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 Jun 2013 20:54 #2 by babynus
Hi,

Quick Search is devoted to find some string in text fields, such à name, description or result.
If you need to find items from status, you should use filters...

Also, setting field as int may be usefull, for instance to order or calculate from this field.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
More
11 Jun 2013 08:32 #3 by LEVA
Sure int are usefull but then QuickSearch won't search on them...
I personnaly think that is not good everytime...
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.