View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Migration from old server/version to new - ProjeQtOr

Migration from old server/version to new

More
01 Feb 2024 11:34 - 01 Feb 2024 11:35 #1 by Cpt_Jabberwock
Hello, I have some question about migrations of our Projeqtor instances on old servers to new ones
We are making new servers for the instances we have, which are as follow:

We tested this 2 times without errors on the (1.) beside what I will explain later
1. Projeqtor 11.1.3 -> 11.1.3
2. Projeqtor 9.5.5 -> 11.1.3

Debian 9 -> Debian 12 (We tried to upgrade the debian on the production machine but it borks projeqtor so we decided to just make a new one and migrate the data)
PHP 7.0.30 -> PHP 8.2
Mysql 15.1 stayed the same but
MariaDB 10.1.37 (readline 5.2)-> 10.11.4 (Editline Wrapper)

We did a Mysql dump from the old server to the new, and copied the the 4 Files directories (Attach, Config, Documents, Logs) in their new server counterpart to keep our attachments and other documents

We also copied the Images directory from Projeqtor main directory in /var/www/htm/projeqtor to have our custom images in headers, login page, etc

Everything works, even the LDP login BUT:
The Resources Profile photos did not follow and
I have to reinstall the plugins unless I copy the entire Plugins folder from /var/www/htm/projeqtor to the new /var/www/htm/projeqtor and I noticed that all my modifications using ScreenCustomization had not followed to the new server

Where should I look to have the settings from ScreenCustom back in the new server with all custom field back with the data they had intact ?
This is still in testing and we have our written procedure to get to this point without any problem

We also need to do this on a separate instance that had a problem in updating from 9.5.5 onwards (Convertion to UTF8_MB4 didn't work even when it was just a copy of the principal production projeqtor)

Can we use the same procedure and the data will adjust from 9.5.5 -> 11.1.3 ?

Or are we making a mistake and we need to copy the entire /var/www/htm/projeqtor to the new server on both instance and update the 9.5.5 one manually ?
What should we copy from old to new to optimally upgrade Projeqtor ?

Thank you

ps: If you need more information, do not hesitate
Last edit: 01 Feb 2024 11:35 by Cpt_Jabberwock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2024 11:46 #2 by babynus
To retreive all (thumbs, customization) copy all projeqtor code from old to new server.
Then overwrite with new version. 

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
26 Feb 2024 14:36 - 26 Feb 2024 14:37 #3 by Cpt_Jabberwock
Thank you,
We dit this:
1.dump mysql db to the new server and import
2.copy projeqtor in var/html/projeqtor
3.copy filesprojeqtor (the attachments, logs, config, etc) and other in filesprojeqtor same location as old server

Everything worked perfectly (nearly)
we just have those 2 error messages (usually when Projeqtor disconnect user after a long time, or when we click disconnect)

2024-02-22 09:34:41.324 ***** ERROR ***** [V11.1.3] on file '/var/www/html/projeqtor/view/login.php' at line (38)
2024-02-22 09:34:41.324 ***** ERROR ***** [V11.1.3] cause = Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/projeqtor/tool/projeqtor.php:46)
38      header ('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

and
2024-02-26 09:32:28.325 ***** ERROR ***** [V11.1.3] on file '/var/www/html/projeqtor/model/UserMain.php' at line (1889)
2024-02-22 09:34:41.324 ***** ERROR ***** [V11.1.3] cause = Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/projeqtor/tool/projeqtor.php:46)
1889      $result=setcookie("projeqtor",pq_nvl($cookieHash),time()+3600*24*7,'/',pq_nvl($domain),$secure,$httpOnly);

What is the problem ? the first one is the usual one that appear when Projeqtor disconnect from extended idling (20-30min)
Those are really not problematic but if we can solve them, it would be easier
Tell me if you need anything else

Thank you
Last edit: 26 Feb 2024 14:37 by Cpt_Jabberwock.

More
28 Feb 2024 11:58 #4 by babynus
Strange, you PHP seems to write some output on session_start();
(this is not expected)
Maybe it's due to specific PHP configuration (please chack all sessions.xxxx parameters in php.ini)
Possibly you can change line 45 in tool/projeqtor.php 
from
  session_start();
to
  ob_start();
  session_start();
  ob_clean();

Babynus

More
28 Feb 2024 15:30 - 28 Feb 2024 15:36 #5 by Cpt_Jabberwock
Hello,
Thanks for the answer to this

I'll look over this for the Main Projeqtor over the next few days
I have some other problems but on the Projeqtor Cab (instance separate for more sensitive things) : these  

File Attachment:

File Name: projeqtor_...0208.log
File Size:3 KB

As for the Migration for Projeqtor Cab 9.5.5 to a new server and a new version (for some reason, upgrading debian mess up Projeqtor)
It goes from :
Debian 9 to a 12.5
PHP 7.030 to a PHP 8.2
Mysql nothing really changes

However, we have several problems doing this the same way we did the Main Projeqtor
Mysqldump
Copy of filesprojeqtor (Log, config, attach, and document)
Copy of projeqtor in var/www/html

first, the dump of the mysql db has a problem when touching "historyarchive" table (biggest table of the entire projeqtor db)
it can read about 75% of the table but crashes and loses connection when nearing the end of this specific table (historyarchive) which seems to be the history of every action done followed by "save" in projeqtor from what little I understood of each entries
mysqldump -u root -p --ignore-table=projeqtor.historyarchive projeqtor > projeqtor20240209.sql

worked, bu not
mysqldump -u root -p projeqtor > projeqtor20240209.sql
select * from historyarchive;

makes the command crash
select * from historyarchive limit 100000;

works, bigger like 250 000  or such, will crash

First attachment is what happens in projeqtor (log) when we did a dump and the dump didn't work

File Attachment:

File Name: projeqtor_...0227.log
File Size:4 KB

in mysql we had those

This is the log of mysql

and my colleague did those
* in the file /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-custom-mariadb.cnf he added

* and also innodb_force_recovery = 4
* Deleted the files ib_logfile0 et ib_logfile1 et ibdata (/var/lib/mysql).
* launched the command  mysqlcheck -u root -p projeqtor

all without success

Doing a dump of the db without Historyarchive and doing a dump for it separately worked (all at once doesn't work)
we then tried to import both of those and then copy filesprojeqtor and projeqtor in their respective place

it worked, to a point.
We got to the login screen, but entering credentials did this  

File Attachment:

File Name: projeqtor_...0228.log
File Size:3 KB

The new server had a new projeqtor 11.1.3 installed as a default (always using same template as to not get tangled)
we copied a 9.5.5 over the files
first part of the log is when we just overwrote the /var/www/htm/projeqtor files
the last 3 errors (1 try and 2 F5) is when we deleted entirely projeqtor from /html/projeqtor and copied the old one from 9.5.5 server

From what we understood, the old projeqtor try to call PHP commands that are deprecated in PHP 8.2 that worked in PHP 7.030

Did updating Projeqtor to 10 and then 11 update its php calls ? And from all those tests, we could not update 9.5.5 because the Mysql crashed due to historyarchive
How would we go about purging the Historyarchive table in Mysql ?

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Feb 2024 15:36 by Cpt_Jabberwock.

More
03 Mar 2024 15:15 #6 by babynus

Did updating Projeqtor to 10 and then 11 update its php calls ?

Yes, new versions of ProjeQtOr are always compliant with new versions of PHP (for instance V11.2 will be compliant with PHP 8.3)

How would we go about purging the Historyarchive table in Mysql ?

There is not need, and no real need the retreive it : historyarchive stores history of changes that are older than 1 year on concerning closed items.

Take care that installing ProjeQtOr 11.1.3 then installing DB from old 9.5.5 without purging the DB will leave some tables created between 9.5.5 and 11.1.3 (the dump does not purge all tables, it erases and recreates tables existing in the dump).
Side effect is that you'll get errors when migrating to V11.1.3 because of already existing tables. This is not a major issue (tables are correct) but you must be aware of that.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.