View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Error while saving details to workelement table for a Ticket workflow - Page 2 - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Error while saving details to workelement table for a Ticket workflow

More
11 Aug 2016 11:56 #7 by sagar.toshniwal

babynus wrote: Does the admionistrator see "work" data on the tickets ?

Please explain how do I confirm this? I am not sure where I should see if admin sees work on tickets.
This is normal administrator - I have not made any changes in access rights to admin.

I am an Eagle. On a mission to help those who want to help themselves...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2016 13:01 - 11 Aug 2016 13:07 #8 by sagar.toshniwal
Additional information:

While scouting for possible reasons -- because these errors started suddenly -- I found something that is not an expected behaviour.

I have created a workflow that has stages like:
Initiated (#1) -> Ticket Approved (#2) -> Requirement Gathering (#3) -> Requirement Signed-off (#4) -> Ticket Prioritized (#5) -> Closed (#6)

#1 to #2 == Approver & Admin
#2 to #3 == BA & Admin
#3 to #4 == PM & Admin
#4 to #5 == Approver & Admin
#5 to #6 == PM & Admin

I have ensured that #1 (Initiated) does not occur at all throughout this workflow. That means, there is no workflow condition that will take the status back to "Initiated". However, in my case, I have seen that "Admin" can move the status back to "Initiated"!!!

Refer the screenshot. I have tried selecting "Initiated" status and saved, and there was an entry in "workelement" table. Before this, there was no entry in the "workelement" table. After this, whatever status I choose, it gives the same SQL error "Integrity constraint violation,,,"

I think this has something to do with why this error is occurring. I have checked my workflow again and again, but visibly there is no command to move status back to "Initiated"... i am wondering why could this have happened...

EDIT:
Also adding screenshot of actual SQL table "workflowstatus"... My workflow id is 15 and the id of "initiated" status in database is 15. As you could see, this id 15 is not present in idStatusTo column!!! Then why is the workflow taking me back to "Initiated" status?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Aug 2016 13:07 by sagar.toshniwal. Reason: Added database screenshot

More
12 Aug 2016 09:12 - 12 Aug 2016 13:44 #9 by sagar.toshniwal
This is really strange behaviour of the tool, not sure where I am going wrong.

I have installed fresh version of 5.4.3 as Test and created few user profiles, created few users for these profiles, created a project, created affectations & access rights to these users. Then I created a simple workflow -- renamed "recorded" as "Initiated" and created few new statuses, and defined the status change mechanism.

All this gone well pretty smooth. The workflow is simple and is expected to flow correctly. However, when I run this, I still see "Initiated" as one of the status change options!! I am damn sure that this "Initiated" status is used in my workflow only in the beginning. Still not sure why it is popping up in the dropdowns...

Any help is appreciated.

Add-On: I am attaching screenshot of the actual workflow that I am using on the test version. Even with this simple workflow, the status "Initiated" is shown starting from second status change onwards...

This is the vanilla version supplied by you. I have made no changes, just added statuses, user profiles, users, and affectations. Everything else remains pretty much default. Your help to fix this issue is highly appreciated.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 13:44 by sagar.toshniwal. Reason: Screenshot attached

More
12 Aug 2016 17:25 #10 by babynus
Hi,

I can see from screenshot that you made some changes to Ticket screen.
Maybe your issues come from this... you are not using standard version.

Could you try and reproduce with "standard" community version.
I guess the issue will not be reproduces as it is fixed on V5.4.3.

Then possibly you can investigate on the changes you made...

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
16 Aug 2016 06:54 #11 by sagar.toshniwal

I can see from screenshot that you made some changes to Ticket screen.
Maybe your issues come from this... you are not using standard version.

Could you try and reproduce with "standard" community version.
I guess the issue will not be reproduces as it is fixed on V5.4.3.

When I posted my earlier comment, I was using modified version of 5.4.3.

However, in my latest comment (which is posted before yours), I have used "fresh" version of 5.4.3 - as-is version with no modifications. I still get the same error in Workflow.

Request you to please investigate.

More
16 Aug 2016 11:12 #12 by sagar.toshniwal
I tried fresh installation, one more time. This time, with 5.4.4 version. I have not changed anything in the code/ screens. But I still get the same error. Suddenly the "Initiated" status pops in, but it is not at all included in the workflow.

Note: All of these versions are operational on the same server (even on my localhost). Does that create this issue??

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.