ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - Imports - ProjeQtOr

Imports

More
01 Nov 2010 12:36 #1 by babynus
Imports was created by babynus
Imports work from CSV files (and only CSV files on actual version V1.3.0).

The first line of the file must contain de name of the fields : look into the database, or in the Model class : the names are the same.
You may or may not add an "id" column to the file :
- if column "id" exists and "id" is set for a line, the import will try to update the corresponding element, and will fail if it does not exist
- if column "id" does not exists or if "id" is not set for a line, the import will create a new element from the data.

In any case, columns with no data will not be updated : then you can update only one filed on an element.
To clear a data, enter the value "NULL" (not case sensitive).

For columns correponding to linked tables ("idXxxx"), you can indicate as the column name :
- either "idXxxx" : the code of the element in the linked table is expected
- either "Xxxx" (without "id") : the name of the element in the linked table is then expected, bringing better readability to the file.

Names of columns can contain spaces (to have better readability) : the spaces will be removed to get the name of the column.

Insertion into "Planning" elements (activity, project), automatically inserts an element in the table PlanningElement : the data of this table can be inserted into the import file (working from version V1.3.0).

Have great imports !

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site
The topic has been locked.
More
06 Mar 2013 20:10 #2 by Jean-François
Replied by Jean-François on topic Re: Imports
I tried to import resources or activities (~tasks) in CSV from a MsProject Like software. I stood stuck on an error: column 'name' is mandatory. I had a column 'name' dully filled, I checked orthograph and syntax, but nothing changed.
I should say that apart of the column 'name' there could be other ones which could be mandatory. But the only model I could find is the MySQL one.
Is there a bug? Where could I find more information on the import function?
More
06 Mar 2013 20:17 #3 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Re: Imports

Is there a bug? Where could I find more information on the import function?

In the online manual :whistle:

You can also have description of expected format on the import screen, using the help button.

Another helpfull way is to export an existing list, using CSV export from list view : it is directly importable ;)

Babynus
More
06 Mar 2013 20:23 #4 by Jean-François
I'd already read the online help.
I'll check with the export trick. Bon plan!
More
06 Mar 2013 20:55 #5 by Jean-François
The pb was with the separator in the UI it is writen 'comma' instead of 'semi-column'. I checked it by doing an export as suggested.
Anyway the UI should be modified.
More
06 Mar 2013 22:05 #6 by babynus
Replied by babynus on topic Re: Imports
'Comma' Separated File is default format.
In France, default separator for csv is semi-column.

The separator can be choosen in the Global parameters screen.

Babynus
Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.