View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - configure Project'Or RIA in c panel - ProjeQtOr

configure Project'Or RIA in c panel

More
14 Mar 2013 12:31 - 14 Mar 2013 12:57 #1 by nowzy

Dear All

Im trying to configure Project'Or RIA in to our company sub domain using cPanel. im facing problem in setting parameter page location in parametersLocation.php.

my subdomain is - aaarentals.com - i have a directory with same name.
i copied the PRIA in to folder called - mispm (aaarentals.com/mispm)

i provide all required input in parameter.php in first login and clicked ok. it is not getting saved and proceed to login page.so i created parametersLocation.php in side 'tool' directory and specified the path as -
<?php $parametersLocation = 'parameters.php'; . because both are in same folder. i tried giving full path as -
<?php $parametersLocation = 'aaarentals.com/mispm/tool/parameters.php';

still i get same error saying , parameters.php could not be found. please delete the location file to use it parameters.php in tool folder.

please help me
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 12:57 by nowzy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2013 17:14 #2 by babynus
Hi,

Best way to try :
- delete parametersLocation.php in aaarentals.com/mispm/tool
- check that aaarentals.com/mispm/files (and its sub-directories) is RWX to everyone (at least to linux use rwho runs PHP). the best for a try is a chmod -R 777 on this directory
- run application and leave defaut value for log and parameter files (locations on ../files/logs/*)

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
14 Mar 2013 18:21 #3 by nowzy
hi Babynus

thanks for your prompt support.Im not linux guy, still i will try your stpes and get back to you. keeping the database server to local also fine you think?. i thought i should give the webserver name in there

More
14 Mar 2013 20:13 #4 by babynus

keeping the database server to local also fine you think?

If your database server is the same as your PHP server, then configuring db server as localhost (or 127.0.0.1, which is better for MySql as it will provide no name resolution) will be good. Else, you must provide database server name or IP.

Babynus

More
17 Mar 2013 12:39 #5 by nowzy
hi Babynus

Thanks for your assistance. i did every thing you asked me to do, unfortunately it doesn't work for me. hmm struggling to get it work for me.

thanks

More
17 Mar 2013 13:01 #6 by babynus
Did you try to set it up localy to try it ?
You may try a simple EasyPhp as WAMP.
This way you'll see a complete set-up and understand the steps to get a clean install.

Then restart from scratch on your cpanel setup :
- delete database (if exists)
- delete folder
- deploy new version (V3.2.1 has just been deployed)
- check that access right is correct to all folders and sub-folders, particuliarly /file folder and sub-folders and /tool folder (one file will be created here on set-up)

Run : you'll have configuration screen
Leave all parameters to default except database configuration to adapt your own.

You should have message :
- database create
- parameters file saved
Don't try to go further until you get these messages

Then you'll be able to connect : this will fill database with tables, and set all ready to run.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.