View ProjeQtOr On SourceForge.net
ProjeQtOr - Project Management Tool
Support us on Capterra
OIN - Open Invention Network
ProjeQtOr free project management software - [SOLVED] Logon hangs after installation - ProjeQtOr

[SOLVED] Logon hangs after installation

More
17 Mar 2018 02:50 #1 by technoraman
Hi. I have installed Projeqtor using Softaculous in a Cpanel environment, and the installation is claimed to be 100% successful. However logon hangs with the rotating thingy.

This happens regardless of username and password strings (that is: I initially tried to logon with admin, but any other strings give the same result).
  • Projeqtor 6.5.7 (suggestion: put the version string on the logon screen)
  • Server version: 5.6.38 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
  • PHP 5.6
  • Database appears to be populated
  • No logs created that I can find

First page call diverts from technorama.org.au/projeqtor to technorama.org.au/projeqtor/view/main.php
(which is the page that hangs)

Tested via Chrome, IE, two different computers on different sides of the country, and Android on phone.
Also have uninstalled, checked for cleanliness, and reinstalled. Softaculous generated completely different names the second time.

Help?? Thanks, John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2018 00:45 #2 by babynus
Acces leads to 403 on several resources : it means "forbiden access".
So your configuration of Apache to directories does not seem to allow access to whole directory.

You should have logs in directory you defined during configuration (defaut is projeqtor/files/logs)

Now, we're not responsible for Softaculous package, and we don't recommand to use it.
We don't know what is packaged and how it's done.
It could have malwares included (I hope it doesn't) or any other bullshit.
Only reliable source is from our repository, on Sourceforge.
I'm afraid we can't give further support.

Babynus
Administrator of ProjeQtOr web site

More
18 Mar 2018 01:22 #3 by technoraman
Hi. Ah... clearly you feel strongly about Softaculous. My experience in the past, with other packages, is that Softaculous is more likely to work than a manual install because they've solved most of the problems. But it's not impossible for them to get it wrong. I'm not aware of any of the packages that we've installed via Softaculous (under Cpanel) carrying malware - that WOULD be bad.

So I know, where are you seeing the 403 reports?

Thanks, John

More
18 Mar 2018 11:46 - 18 Mar 2018 11:47 #4 by babynus

I'm not aware of any of the packages that we've installed via Softaculous (under Cpanel) carrying malware

I don't thing it does. Softaculous is well known and they should not play with it. But I won't guaranty it does not ;)

So I know, where are you seeing the 403 reports?

In the browser console.

Babynus
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 11:47 by babynus.

More
21 Mar 2018 06:16 #5 by draxx25
Hi,

I am using XAMPP 5.6.32 and Projeqtor 6.5.7. I downloaded this a few days ago and here is what i discovered, and i hope it helps you. Please note that I am a newbie to this, I am no expert but what you described is exactly what I had.

So, you come up to the login screen and it says database updating, only admin can login. You need to login as admin but you then need to wait about 15min (in my case, running this off a laptop). Don't close while that 'rotating thingy' is onscreen. You should notice that your drive activity light goes crazy once you login as admin. In my case, after 10-15min, it tells you that the database has been upgraded and you can log in.

I hope this helps,
The following user(s) said Thank You: technoraman

More
21 Mar 2018 08:58 #6 by babynus
Hi,

Thanks for sharing.
I can add that if you had to wait 10-15 minutes, your PC is very slow; of your PHP misconfigured (try and disable xDebug for instance).
On my laptop, full migration is 15-30 seconds, and on my servers, about 10 seconds.

Babynus

Moderators: babynusprotion
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds

Cookies settings

Functional Cookies

Ce site utilise des cookies pour assurer son bon fonctionnement et ne peuvent pas être désactivés de nos systèmes. Nous ne les utilisons pas à des fins publicitaires. Si ces cookies sont bloqués, certaines parties du site ne pourront pas fonctionner.

Session

Please login to see yours activities!

Other cookies

Ce site web utilise un certain nombre de cookies pour gérer, par exemple, les sessions utilisateurs.